Mancala is proud to have attracted and retained for many years a core team of miners and mining supervisors who are miners in the true sense of the word, not simply mine equipment operators.
Mancala’s mining labour hire employees are a highly skilled group, capable of safely tackling those jobs frequently deemed too hard, or difficult or not possible. Whether it’s installing ground support over a live conveyor or rehabilitation of an ore pass, Mancala with its proven safe system of work can get the job done.
Some examples of work performed by our mining labour hire group include:
- Selective high grade mining by traditional or mechanised methods providing supplementary ore supplies
- Rehabilitating ore passes via shrinking with ground support installed as the muck pile is bogged
- Installing ground support in an active crusher chamber
- Rehabilitating a conveyor drift above active conveyors
- Installing ground support in a tail race to a hydro power station
- Rehabilitating a historic coal drift in preparation for a tourism venture
- Excavating stone via drill and blast methods in a coal drift to permit continued operation of the long wall
- Assembly and installation of mine egress systems under the client's supervision
- Long term provision specialist mechanised mining labour to a major mining house
- Rehabilitation of a 30m x 9m underground coal bin during an annual 21 day shutdown